Instruction to Access The Wall Street Journal
All current UTA students, faculty, and staff have online access to The Wall Street Journal, courtesy of the College of Business. You must first set up a Wall Street Journal online account.
Create an Online Account
- Go to www.WSJ.com/UTArlington
- Sign in to the UTA Single Sign-On web page with your UTA email and password
- The first time you sign on, you will be taken to a separate Wall Street Journal (WSJ) sign-in web page.
- Account Type—select your status: Student, Staff, or Professor
- Email Address—WSJ will allow you to use a different email address if you wish. (Attention: Do NOT enter your UTA password at this step since this is not a UTA account.)
- Password—You should enter a new password for the Wall Street Journal account you are setting up. (You will see 12-15 customization screens where you can click ‘Skip and Continue’.) After it is set up, you will also be able to access this new account from the WSJ app on your phone/tablet.
- After the first time signing on, you can go directly to www.WSJ.com to sign in with your new WSJ password you created (if needed).
Replacing Paid Account with Free Account
If a student or faculty member already has a personal membership and would like to take advantage of the school-sponsored version, they simply need to follow these steps below:
- Call 1-800-JOURNAL(1-800-568-7625) to cancel current membership.
- Once the personal membership is canceled, they can activate their membership via the school’s partnership URL, www.WSJ.com/UTArlington.
- The user will sign-in on the UTA Single Sign-On web page with their UTA email and password
- They will then be brought to the WSJ activation page. At the bottom of the page, the user may hit sign-in, where they can sign-in with their personal WSJ account credentials.
Please note: the user does not need to create a new account, they can simply use the same WSJ login as their personal account that they just canceled.