Thesis and Dissertation Information
Documents should be submitted electronically in PDF format via the Electronic Thesis and Dissertation (ETD) website. Please note that this link takes you to the Vireo site for UTA. We are no longer accepting submissions through the ProQuest ETD Administrator site. Students who would like their document to be sent to ProQuest will have the option to do so within the Vireo site.
Thesis and dissertation documents must be written in the format approved by your committee and committee chair. The Library no longer does mechanical checks. Please speak with your advisor about formatting issues.
Deadline to submit your approved Thesis or Dissertation to the Library
|Spring 2020||May 8, 2020|
|Summer 2020||August 10, 2020|
|Fall 2020||December 2, 2020|
The library strongly encourages you to contact your chair to discover what template is recommended by your academic unit. For a new LaTeX template, please contact your department.
- Intellectual Property Statement Form
- Survey of Earned Doctorates (PhD students only)
- Multiple Author Release for Master's Thesis or Doctoral Dissertation
Forms must be submitted to Library room-B10, or via email scan to email@example.com.
Office of Graduate Studies
Tips for Thesis and Dissertation
Binding Personal Copies of Theses and Dissertations
The Library provides binding for student's personal copies of their UT Arlington thesis or dissertation.
Shipments normally leave once a month, which allows for a 4-8 week turn around. If a faster service is needed, you are encouraged to check the Yellow Pages for binders in the area.
Theses are bound with black covers and stamped with gold lettering, and dissertations are bound with gray covers and stamped with black lettering, following the official pattern for UT Arlington. The title, as it appears on the title page, will be stamped on the spine. Additional binding customizations may be available and may have an extra charge.
- Provide a print copy or copies on any type of paper; however acid-free, 25% cotton, 20 lb paper is the current standard for archival materials.
- Each copy should be placed in a separate manila envelope with the author's name clearly written on the outside. Underline the surname to be stamped on the spine. Write "personal copy" on each envelope.
- Visit the Office of Student Accounts in Davis Hall to pay for binding. Explain you are paying for personal thesis/dissertation copies ($26.50 if mailed within the US, $33.50 if mailed to Mexico or Canada, and $43.50 if mailed internationally). You can also add CD/DVD pockets, this cost is $3.25 per pocket, and you must inform the Office of Student Accounts at time of payment.
- Bring your copies and Office of Student Accounts receipt to: UT Arlington's Central Library - Basement, Room B29. We can accept bindery submissions between 8am and 5pm Monday-Friday.
- You will be asked to provide a mailing address. All thesis/dissertations will be shipped directly to you once they return from the bindery. You may not pick up your copies. The Library does not check these copies in any way, so please be sure that they are correct. Send direct order status inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if something goes wrong with the order. We are not responsible for any mailings lost by the U.S. Postal Service.